Post Attachment fix

I've been since I rebooted the site into this forum scratching my skull over the weird absence for advanced/elite members to attach files to their posts. With the kind and quick help of IPS I think we fixed that finally today. (I only today decided to get help with this...)

As I'm on limited disk space :mad1: I have to be careful how much to give away in the end I came at 20MB for 'Elite' and 10 MB for 'Advanced' Members.

Screen-Shot-2017-03-23-at-12_32.jpg.785e3590db631abea9b14e6a9f4c0c5b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Why on earth do you need to upload such high file sizes? 4K is what? 4000x2000? 

I only have 15 GB storage of which 7 GB is already in use. So I have 7.5 GB left.
That's 7,500.00 MB if you'd divide that by (36,7+46,1) /2 equals to roughly 181 pictures. 

The forum has its own crappy image optimization but pre-uploading running your file through this may help a lot sizing your files down: TPNG (tiny png/jpg)
A .jpg setting at 72-80% (I use 82) gives you, I feel, the best results when it comes to compression vs. quality.

I know it is a pain but colleagues and friends of mine have seem the pictures, like the quality and complain if I reduce the file size. I do down size for my deviant art page the HDR picture 13828 tonemapped is a compressed 14-bit colour picture of 7378x4924, file size 25.9MB jpg file, but the original tif file was 207MB.

A boring picture which would have no fans on your site.

The nominal size of files you produce are big enough, sorry Rick I did not mean to spark such emotion, but I can remember when my camera had a 256MB compact flash card which would take me weeks to fill, now I am using 256GB and 128GB compact flash cards which last one session.  The down side is the standard FD display will not allow the pictures to be view in the optimum way, you get moire fringing.  Sorry I am going on and yu have more important things on your mind.

Your doing a great job and I hope you keep it up.