May - 4F's Work(s) in Progress

Rick 4F

I really had the notion yesterday was the 30th of April.:wack-a-mac:  I had so hoped to have finished 'A Sticky Situation' within last month. Oh, well. Anywho, no rest for the wicked as they say, onto the next one. 
If you like to see a small version of the above mentioned image and remain a guest here, you can see it over at deviant art.

spd_sub_polygon_displacement.thumb.jpg.eaffe5348726b65b11f6e9115746ec6e.jpgThere's some stuff I forgot to add to previous month so here is some of that.

While I was working on the hatch from last month I realized that the image I wanted to reimagine was good enough in it self. And a much older image I have been working on for quite some time now could benefit more from the 3D models I was making. In the process I was looking at some floor pieces and in an attempt to keep my polygon count low I decided to use something I barely use, sub polygon displacement (SPD) for the tiny floor grating instead of hard 3D polygons. 

It's amazing what you can do with just a texture. Actually I'm not sure if this is a texture but more some internal Cinema 4D algorithms (magic) at work. Still you could use a texture for this with a alpha map as you can see in this next screenshot:

grid_floor_by_spd_c4d.thumb.jpg.b7e82283e98895b5499c19eebc6578e4.jpg

I liked it so much I decided to turn it into a neutral 2560 x 1440 desktop picture. If you like a larger resolution let me know and I'll render one out. :blush3: You can download it from here.

• 2 weeks later...

3d_appartment_scifi_c4d_bright_sunlight.thumb.jpg.7cc5a3e0e3056803439dd399e6a82a1d.jpgWanted to post last Friday but I first had to upgrade this 4Forum. All seemed well at first then not so much. I got weird -200 errors (Failed to load resource: The operation couldn’t be completed. Protocol error) <- stuff like that when trying to post images, asked for help because that's all way over my head and before I knew it, it was Monday and things seem to have fixed themselves. 

The plan for this month is to upload the next part in the MNW story. This part has been online before, when I was still using Flash, so to upgrade its "freshness" I added some new things and one of these things are 2 new images. Both have been in "development hell" for ages but I got renewed confidence I can finally finish them. The first of these 2 images is almost ready, then it's on to the next one, add some text to accompany the first in the next MNW chapter, fix some textual errors and well, hopefully end of the month you can view the results. :blush3:

white_latex_lingerie_straps_transparent.thumb.jpg.641f9c69dadbd53063096a13614f44b4.jpg

It's clear I'm not able to do "daily" updates here. Sometimes there is nothing to post, sometimes like last Monday I was writing something up, looked at the clock and noticed I was more then one hour further with not much to show for and I just moved back to doing 2/3D things. Typing stuff with 1 finger doesn't speed things up of course. :drop: Still my apologies, the intention is there it just doesn't work out, I'll just keep trying to update when I have something and am able to, ok?

scifi_detention_center_inmate_latex_catsuit.jpg.e3a1d287fbd32c49fbb02d843d991fe1.jpgThis is something I worked on last year but had to drop because the amount of polygons (it's part of a large cell block I'll show you a bit later), went somewhat out of the roof (it came close to 9 million polygons) and then I only had 1 wall and nothing else. I picked it up a few days ago and found some ways to be able to add more then just one wall while still being able to move around the scene with more then 1 FPS...

That figure in her shiny catsuit is something new I'm currently trying out. I always use human (female) puppets/figures when I build my 3D scenes to (somewhat) get the proportions right of objects, heights of doors etc. You can always measure things to get things absolutely right, but I really suk at math and this is also a bit more appealing to my eye and as you can see, creates instant mini-stories while I build up the 3D environment. 

scifi_3D_detention_cell_inmate_latex_catsuit.thumb.jpg.687aa3b9ad5d659b9c2f7ca5a5bbd993.jpgMy old pal 'Rubberella' is an old Zygote figure with some go-go boots slapped on for proper high-heel heights and usually did her job well but when I tried to get her in a sitting position for example her torso detached from her hips and then I had to put her back together :bigsmile2: and well, she is a bit 'blocky' which when used for generating shadows is not optimal. An other option is to pose a figure in poser or Daz 3D then export it from there, then import it in Cinema 4D.

That was all a bit to cumbersome to work with until I noticed I could export a puppet FBX with a rig. Enter 'Rubberella's' replacement 'Latexina'. There is some trouble tough like if after posing I forget to lock that pose and at some point do an 'undo' on something else in the scene her whole rig resets to the default pose and her shoes fall off. It's a bit weird behavior but not that a big deal.

rubberella_latexina_3D_latex_puppets.jpg.94659ade72e6e8e7e9be8fa19a578779.jpg

Ive added a few more images to the 'Shiny Women' club today after upgrading the software here.

Grab those files and enjoy them while you can I'd say as in 2 month's IF the EU gets its way, no more uploads by me or anyone else (at least EU based I guess) will be possible (including meme images), unless author rights are paid. Mandatory filters placed on servers will then even prevent images without that from being uploaded. Somewhere it makes sense then again stuff like reposting Twitter images will e a no-go too.

Going to be interesting IF the EU gets its way...

Shiny lingerie in progress, a screenshot at 300%.

wip_4f_transparent_latex_lingerie_straps_clips_buttons.thumb.jpg.8c70c01035ba793ace61a7e544e29a6a.jpgNot sure if I'm going to meet my own set deadline for the end of this month, to have 2 new images ready, of which this is one, plus another chapter added to the MNW story line, of which the 2 images are part of. It may take a few days longer but so you know, they are on your way. :blush1:

The image with the earlier posted "medical equipment" might see the light of day next month. I'm not sure as it's challenging to merge the 3D tubes, sensors, wires, collectors and stimulators with the 2D uhh... "patient" and make it look convincing enough. I'll do my best tough.