December 5 - 4F's work in progress

Rick 4F

Well, uhm, oops! :blush2:

It has been a while. Obviously I'm unable to do daily or weekly posts. Sorry about that. 

One of my "problems" is that I don't want to give away too much what I'm working on. An other is that once I do, it often happens that I get "stuck" on an image and have to jump onto another project. Which means that while you are anticipating something I've hinted at it  may take month's (or more) to arrive.
I understand that this can be very annoying for some people. So when I'm in doubt that the project I'm currently working on will be the next 4F image, I rather keep it close to my chest until I'm largely sure it will hit this 4Forum. It means at times I have nothing to show. I just hope people who read this understand that my creation process is not really linear.

Subscription fees:

Something else, I've mentioned this before in the newsletter that you can receive when I have an new image ready. Subscription prices are going to change. If you're currently subscribed and use the recurring option for 5.- bucks/year nothing should change. For new members or those who don't use the recurring option the subscription price will double. $14.95 for a whole year (still crazy cheap I think) and 7.50 for recurring. This change will go into effect early January 2019.

Scrapbook content:

Back to where this thread is meant for.:blush1: Some hints at what I'm working on:

x-suit_wip_4f-creations-dec52018.jpg.1202ac035155eba0f36073fdbe3a55e5.jpgThe promised 'X-suit' is almost ready. It took longer because the sensors I used first on Adreline's suit had 3 input/outputs. That means 3 cables going in/out (times 20). It sadly created a unappealing visual mess. So I had to go back several versions and redo a lot of things. But she's now at a stage where I'm confident she'll see the light here pretty soon.

While working on this one I came across series of images with a distinct 'damsel in distress' motif. The images lined up so greatly my mind immediately created a tiny little story around them and I had to ask the photographer if I could use a few of his images and he said yes. With one little caveat, I couldn't make money out of them. 

Now I have been crushing my skull for a long time what to do for the 'Advanced Members'. And well this will be something you as 'advanced member' will be able to enjoy too for free. Once it's done and you're not hesitant towards a 'damsel in distress ala cart 4F'.

First up a "robotic finger" I'm working on. No idea how the rest will end up looking, I'll just go with the (polygon) flow.
finger_wip_4f-creations-dec52018.thumb.jpg.44e5bb67b8df8aeb518a954b7a480263.jpg

AIT_wip_4f-creations-dec52018.jpg.f04a7f46493723422c02edaab350789a.jpgOh, you know where this is going. :wink1:
I started by mimicking one of the photo's of the 'damsel in distress', figured out where the light was coming from, really important if I want to build a 3D environment around her, sort-off copied the rest of the room she was originally in (no idea why but whatever) then tried to see if I could build a 3D panel gag.

This was more to see if I could morph the final product properly around the damse's lower jawl in the real photo without it looking too fake. Original photo she's wearing tape. I'm not so "tape-isch" myself, besides I'll want to create a high-tech panel, which will blend in better with the rest of the scenes I'm building and fits the story much better.

So when I got the 'tick boxes' ticked on lighting and first prototype of her panel gag I moved on to building part of the interior the damsel ends up in and then tested out some self made more modern looking shackles.

AIT2_wip_4f-creations-dec52018.thumb.jpg.68928651b97323e9b67c85398919b1b8.jpg

I don't mind that things intersect here. Firstly its a test render, secondly once I'm satisfied I render things out separately. Besides that, no matter what, I'll *never* be able to get the Poser doll in exact the same position as the real model. Let alone having the same measurements/height. But it's handy to get an approximation of where things go, to cast the 'oh so' important shadows and in this case, because the original photo partially cuts off the models legs, get a proper notion how and where the missing parts end up. I like 'my' women preferably with all limbs attached.

I did some other stuff a few weeks ago, no idea where to put it so I put it here. Reason for the next is that I'm finally, finally close to add some story to the Adreline images. But going over some old images I really feel the need to update a few of them. Some backgrounds can be better, some outfits could be shinier. So to prepare for that I build part of a sleeping bunk which needs some modifications as it leans a bit too much on the original artwork it started from, and while working on it I was like, bed-bed-latex-bed, hmm... can I model a vacuumbed? So I put my 3D app in sculpting mode and just started carving away. 

Adreline_new_room_design_wip_4f-creations-dec52018.thumb.jpg.764fa4570525e8450afb8da0b2d21374.jpg

The result is not too bad. Needs some work but the beginning is there. How or when I'll use that, I have no idea but it's good to know it falls within the things I I'm able to pull off.

Ok, this took way too long (+2 hours) to compile (another reason I'm not doing this regularly) so I stop here and get back to Adreline's 'X-suit'.

Cheers!

A damsel in distress is always welcome :devil:

In regards to your non-linear creation process, I suppose everyone here is happy when they see something new from you, whether it's something hinted at earlier or something completely different. Sooo, post anything you want :smile: