Sign in to follow this  
Rick 4F

Forum Essentials

To keep things a little bit how I want them to look, I've set attached post images to be sized down to the maximum of 900px width by 900px high.  That means Anything larger then that will be sized down but can still be viewed/downloaded at its original size by just clicking on the image.

forum_insert_post.jpg.95bd8cc278fcf86da4Now the neat thing of this new forum software is that you finally can wrap text around an image even if they are larger then the maximum of 900 pixels high or width, without coding yourself into oblivion but for that to work you need to double click the image after you have inserted it to your post.

So first attach an image then insert it into your post. (Ps: once in your post you can drag it around to insert it into the right spot.)

and then after double clicking your image in the post, something like this will pop-up:

Screen-Shot-2016-01-31-at-14.58.thumb.gi 

What you need to do next to make it work is

- set the alignment (in this case left)

- Keep aspect ratio

- And size down one of the 2 sizes in the box till you feel it's small enough to wrap your literature around it. :bigsmile:

Felicty_Jones-TM-Mar12-3.thumb.jpg.cc9ff

Felicity Rose Hadley Jones (born 17 October 1983) is an English actress. She started her professional acting career as a child, appearing at age 12 in The Treasure Seekers(1996). She went on to play Ethel Hallow for one season in the television series The Worst Witch and its sequel Weirdsister College. She took time off from acting to attend school during her formative years, and has worked steadily since she graduated from Wadham College, Oxford in 2006. On radio, she is known for playing the long-running role of Emma Grundy in The Archers. In 2008, she appeared in the Donmar Warehouse production of The Chalk Garden.

Since 2006 Jones has appeared in numerous films, including Northanger Abbey (2007), Brideshead Revisited (2008), Chéri (2009), and The Tempest (2010).

Her performance in the 2011 film Like Crazy was met with critical acclaim garnering her numerous awards, including a special jury prize at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival. In 2014, her performance as Jane Wilde Hawking in The Theory of Everything was also met with critical acclaim, garnering her nominations for the Golden Globe, SAG, BAFTA, and Academy Award for Best Actress.

Source: Wikipedia.

forum_top.jpg.651c2cb31bccc2950e80dce084

forum_more.jpg.09087a816422efc4eedddf98f Ok the rest should speak for itself, top right you've got access to your content and settings, where you also can log in/out. 

The 'create' button is only available for 'advanced members' and up. Even then it misses a function until I've figured out what to do with it.

Basically it would allow *you* to put up files in the 'downloads' section. For free or even ones that can be paid for with a (0 - 2.5%) commission for me. But that could lead easily to unwelcome situations, so for now that option isn't available.

Just so you know it is a possibility and if you have any good idea's, my door is open. :blush1:

Then some icons about notifications, messages & report function and then that carrot like icon giving you an option to change the background of this 4Forum. If you like there's a small poll about that right here.

And then on the far right above the search box is a "more" pull down menu situated.

Edit: Sunday 14 February, managed to pull some important items out of the more menu and into the top menu by sizing down the top banner. *\o/*

Oh yeah before I forget in case you didn't know, a small tip: creating a new line break

like this, you do that simply by hitting 'enter' on your keyboard.

Else when you'd like your text to be on the next line
like this, you hit 'Control' + 'Enter' or 'Shift' + 'Enter'.

More things I ran into (damn this forum software has a bazillioen options).

Top left click your profile. From there you can add a "banner" of sorts called 'cover photo' in the grey area.

Screen-Shot-2016-02-15-at-15.30.thumb.jpMax size is 300Kb.

You can put something there that is not cropped as you can move the 'cover photo' there up, down, left and right to properly position it.

* If I or any of the moderators see anything offensive there you'll be looking at a lifetime ban. :devil: 

You can edit your profile if you wish so by filling in something about you in the 'about me' place.
Check my profile and the 'about me' tab for an example.

Screen-Shot-2016-02-15-at-15.31.jpg.8f78

You can also add an photo there and by one-click on it get some scale option squares around that image.

* Again,  if I or any of the mod's see anything offensive there you'll look at a lifetime ban. :devil: 

This is all optional so you're free to shrug and move on. :blush3:

Edited by Rick 4F
Added pictures!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this