Moving to a new host (soon™)

Rick 4F

I've had it up to here with my current host. They are nice, helpful people but expensive for only 15GB of storage.

Because they don't allow me to send bulk mail, updates to members of this 4Forum who have signed up to receive these (1x, maybe 2x), a month news letter, I'm forced to use 3d party email providers. The previous one (Sparkpost) suddenly, against previous made promises, lowered the free of charge mails able to be send, to 500/month. If I wanted to send more I had to pay 30.- a month. Not going to happen. Also they where no-longer supported by the forum software engineers because of the trouble they had dealing with this company in the past.

So I tried another one (Sendgrid). The forum supported this one but I, had a lot of trouble installing it (which in the process even took this site down for half a day) and now installed, only now, I figured out I didn't read properly and I can only send 100 mails/day. :zipped:

So that's it. I'm going to look around for another host which allows me to send directly bulk mail. And maybe one with a bit more disk space. 

If and when it happens it should go smoothly with all the backups that I have, but I'm a bit skeptical. This is one of these things where a lot can go wrong. Anyway, if you read this you know there might be some unexpected downtime in the near future.

Well, maybe I've spoken too soon. More disk space is no problem, sending bulk mail is. Thanks to the #@%xxx!# spammers, hosting providers aren't happy with providing options for sending bulk mail. 

And I made things worse by changing to Sendgrid. I've just managed to get an extension on what this forum can send  for the next 29 days, after that...