Depersonalisation chamber - Environment creation

Rick 4F

• Rick 4F changed the title to Depersonalisation chamber - Environment creation

Jeez! Crazy how many options for just the frame of a circular door you can come up with! I bet there are occasions when you have no idea whether you prefer option A, B, C...

And when you compare the very first test with the bedroom background to the final product — oh dear! Nothing remained the same, except for the sexy lady in the middle of it all :laugh:

Edited by XJ220
  • Like 1

Yeah, that first bedroom idea"" was a simple case of 'that's not it dear'. Though in the end there was a sort off bed that returned. :blush3:
But doing a drastic change often helps (when I have no idea what I'm doing :blush3:) eventhough it's not clear where things will go or end up, I just keep creating, adding and removing and hope at some point things sort themselves out and come together. Sort-off 'live 3D sketching'.

There was even more I forgot to screencapture... :drop:

As for option A.B, or C, it often comes down to balance for me. One of the very few things I learned at the Academy of Arts here in Rotterdam was from an art teacher named Goya. He let us cut all kinds of shapes out of black, grey and white paper then glue them back together. The point of the exercise was that no matter where you picked up the glued together final shape, it had to be in balance, everywhere equally "heavy". I'm trying to keep that in mind with my images. Not always succeeding though.

It's why I didn't like first itteration of 'young Issabella'. Her bare right shoulder/chest was visually too demanding, attracting too much attention eventhough there was nothing there. At least to me, it felt like that put the image out of balance.

• Like 1